Thursday, May 27, 2010

MBA article on suspension designs

On more than one occasion I've gotten stuck trying to understand my bike's rear suspension. So I really liked the June 2010 issue of Mountain Bike Action, which has a pair of articles describing the challenges in rear suspension design and analyzing the most commonly used designs. I'm not usually a fan of MBA (aka Wankers Weekly, as Josh calls it)... too many press releases thinly disguised as 'reviews'. But this is an in-depth and informative article that helps explain current rear suspension designs.

I can't find the article on their website, so here's an excerpt. I can send you the whole article if you email me. The full article discusses 4-bar links, single pivot, and designs used by Trek, Specialized, Santa Cruz, Felt, GT, Haro, Ellsworth. The color figures are much better than b&w, too.





1 comment:

  1. Hi! Where I can download the whole article?

    ReplyDelete